Give the Gift of Education
Whether it's for birthdays, religious celebrations, graduations, holidays or just because, a gift to an Edvest College Savings Plan account is a meaningful way to celebrate major milestones in a child’s life. When you open an Edvest account or contribute to an existing one, you help build a foundation that can shape the dream of higher education and open the door to a world of opportunities.
Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends and other family members can all help a child or loved one achieve their dream of a higher education with Edvest.
Open an Edvest Account
It's easy to open an Edvest account as a gift for a child or loved one.
Please select how you’d like to enroll:
- Enroll Online
You can submit your initial contribution* electronically from your bank account or by sending a check deposit slip along with your payment.
- Download Enrollment Materials
Download and print everything you need to open an account.
- Request Enrollment Kit
Have enrollment materials mailed to you. Please allow five to seven days for delivery.
After you've opened the new account and made a contribution, download a Gift of Education Certificate and present it to your beneficiary. Insert it in a card, frame it or wrap it with a bow. It's a great way to symbolize your gift. Then, going forward, you can choose to download other gift certificates for holidays or special occasions whenever you want to symbolize your continued contributions toward that child's future college education.
* Note: you will need to know the Social Security Number (SSN) or federal Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) of the child or loved one you will be designating as the beneficiary before you can finalize the enrollment process.
Contribute to an Existing Edvest Account
If you would like to make a contribution to an existing account, follow these instructions
- Download a blank gift deposit form.
- Ask the account owner for the account number you should use for your gift. List it on the form.
- Complete a check payable to Edvest College Savings Plan. To ensure the contribution is deposited into the account, make sure the investment portfolio number and account number provided to you by the account owner is clearly indicated on the check as well as on the gift deposit form. Make a copy of your check and the form and keep them for your records.
- Mail your check and the completed gift deposit form directly to Edvest using one of the addresses indicated below:
Mail completed form(s) to:
PO Box 55189
Boston, MA 02205-5189
30 Dan Road
Canton, MA 02021-2809
*Use this address for overnight mail.
If you prefer, you can also present the check with the Gift of Education certificate directly to your loved one. Then, the account owner can deposit the check into the account on your behalf.
Symbolize Your Gift Whether you send a check directly to Edvest or give it to the recipient, be sure to present the completed Gift of Education Certificate to symbolize your giftwrap it, frame it or place it in a card!